[EXTERNAL] JESS: Strange behviour of Jess

[EXTERNAL] JESS: Strange behviour of Jess

Diego jackie
Hi all. I have a very peculiar issue with Jess, latest version.

I have a defquey is-cell-open which retrieves from a list of templates Cell the ones matching the parameters given. When I call it passing the parameters as constants, it works, but when I pass them as variables it fails, albeit the variables have the same values as the parameters. Here is a copy-paste of the Shell. Can anyone suggest me where to start for fixing it?

Thank you all,

Diego

Jess> (> (count-query-results is-cell-open (- ?startX 1) startY) 0)
FALSE

Jess> (> (count-query-results is-cell-open (- 14 1) 5) 0)
TRUE

Jess> ?startX
14

Jess> ?startY
5

Re: [EXTERNAL] JESS: Strange behviour of Jess

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
Is the problem simply that you've left  off the "?" in "?startY" in the below?