JESS: [EXTERNAL] Anyone ran JESS on a realtime NIX?

JESS: [EXTERNAL] Anyone ran JESS on a realtime NIX?

Grant Rettke
Hi,

I'm curious about setting up a balancing robot just for the fun of it.

I'm wondering if any of you have any knowledge of people using JESS on a realtime UNIXes, or for that matter, doing anything hardware control wise?

Best wishes,

Grant

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Anyone ran JESS on a realtime NIX?

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
Jess, like anything Java-based, can do "soft real time" at best, due to nondeterministic garbage collection.  I've done control algorithms for simulated hardware, but never anything on real machinery.