JESS: [EXTERNAL] Certainty factors in FuzzyJess

JESS: [EXTERNAL] Certainty factors in FuzzyJess

Horacio Paggi
Dear Sirs:
In the docs attached to the FuzzyJess Toolkit it is mentioned the use of certainty factors in the rules' specifications.   As long as I understand, to allow the  processing of the rules, these values should be static in order to be be determined prior the execution of any rule. However, it's very luring to have VARIABLE  CFs so they can be changed automatically as long the system is used (so it learns in some way).  Do you think that this is possible?In your opinion, what would be the required effort  to implement this change? I'm asking this because I have to mentor a degree student, in his final engineering project (comprising a whole year) and I was thinking in yo have him implement it and build a brief application of the  modified FuzzyJess, but I do not want to overwhelm him.
Thank you in advance for your advice,
Horacio Paggi

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Certainty factors in FuzzyJess

Bob Orchard
Hello Horatio,

I'm out of town right now but can address this next week when I return. There are a couple of issues ... 1 . I have to review things and think about this proposal.
2. I have to see if I can get the source code released to you (been working on this for a long time but some progress has been made recently).

Bob Orchard

On 2013-03-09, at 8:13 AM, Horacio Paggi wrote:

> Dear Sirs:
> In the docs attached to the FuzzyJess Toolkit it is mentioned the use of certainty factors in the rules' specifications.   As long as I understand, to allow the  processing of the rules, these values should be static in order to be be determined prior the execution of any rule. However, it's very luring to have VARIABLE  CFs so they can be changed automatically as long the system is used (so it learns in some way).  Do you think that this is possible?In your opinion, what would be the required effort  to implement this change? I'm asking this because I have to mentor a degree student, in his final engineering project (comprising a whole year) and I was thinking in yo have him implement it and build a brief application of the  modified FuzzyJess, but I do not want to overwhelm him.
> Thank you in advance for your advice,
> Horacio Paggi

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Certainty factors in FuzzyJess

Jason Morris
Hi Bob,

I can't believe it's been nine years since I traveled out to IEA/AIE 2004!  I trust you and yours are doing well.

Did I understand correctly that you are you actively working on Fuzzy Jess again?
Will the NRCC be re-releasing the Fuzzy-J tool kit to the public?

Cheers,
Jason

On 2013-03-09, at 8:13 AM, Horacio Paggi wrote:

> Dear Sirs:
> In the docs attached to the FuzzyJess Toolkit it is mentioned the use of certainty factors in the rules' specifications.   As long as I understand, to allow the  processing of the rules, these values should be static in order to be be determined prior the execution of any rule. However, it's very luring to have VARIABLE  CFs so they can be changed automatically as long the system is used (so it learns in some way).  Do you think that this is possible?In your opinion, what would be the required effort  to implement this change? I'm asking this because I have to mentor a degree student, in his final engineering project (comprising a whole year) and I was thinking in yo have him implement it and build a brief application of the  modified FuzzyJess, but I do not want to overwhelm him.
> Thank you in advance for your advice,
> Horacio Paggi

Jason C. Morris
President, Principal Consultant
Morris Technical Solutions LLC
President, Rules Fest Association
Chairman, IntelliFest 2012: International Conference on Reasoning Technologies

phone: +01.517.376.8314
skype: jcmorris-mts
email: [hidden email]
mybio: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcmorris

www.intellifest.org
Invent * Innovate * Implement at IntelliFest!