JESS: [EXTERNAL] Corrupted Negcnt Error

Dwight Hare

During a run I started getting the error

Jess reported an error in routine NodeNot2.tokenMatchesRight

        while executing rule LHS (Node2)

        while executing rule LHS (TECT).

  Message: Corrupted Negcnt (< 0) .

Any idea what this means?

Dwight

RE: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Corrupted Negcnt Error

Friedman-Hill, Ernest

It’s an internal consistency check. Usually it means that a non-value class (a class whose identity, defined by hashCode()/equals(), changes during a run) is being used in an indexed field. Look at this section of the manual and see if you can use it to fix the problem:

http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/71/functions.html#set-value-class

In the past, very rarely, this message indicated a bug in Jess. I don’t think this will be the case here – I think any bugs that trigger this assert were found and fixed long ago.

RE: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Corrupted Negcnt Error

Dwight Hare

By “indexed field” do you mean slot values? I don’t use any Java objects other than simple primitives (Integer, Float, Boolean, String). I’ve looked at all my calls to the Value constructor.

Dwight

It’s an internal consistency check. Usually it means that a non-value class (a class whose identity, defined by hashCode()/equals(), changes during a run) is being used in an indexed field. Look at this section of the manual and see if you can use it to fix the problem:

http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/71/functions.html#set-value-class

In the past, very rarely, this message indicated a bug in Jess. I don’t think this will be the case here – I think any bugs that trigger this assert were found and fixed long ago.

RE: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Corrupted Negcnt Error

Friedman-Hill, Ernest

Yes, that’s what I mean, mutable Java objects in your slots. If that’s not the problem, then a bug is a possibility. Can you provide me a SSCCE that displays the error? (Off-list)