JESS: [EXTERNAL] How to persist the fact and rule base from a given session?

JESS: [EXTERNAL] How to persist the fact and rule base from a given session?

Grant Rettke
Hi,

I would like to be able to "turn off" a Jess session so that all of its rules and facts would be persisted so that later I could start it up again.

The scenario is something like... there are things we want to handle but the user has stopped the program, so we turn it off, but when we turn it back on, those events should be handled.

I did read the docs but just didn't... maybe I missed something.

Best wishes,

--
Grant Rettke | ACM, AMA, COG, IEEE
[hidden email] | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
Wisdom begins in wonder.
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] How to persist the fact and rule base from a given session?

Ernest Friedman-Hill-3
Hi Grant,

Sorry nobody answered this earlier. The "bsave" and "bload" commands save and restore the binary state of a Jess engine to a file, and they're probably just what you're looking for.