JESS: [EXTERNAL] Jess rule validation algorithm

JESS: [EXTERNAL] Jess rule validation algorithm

Wessel, Alexander

Hi Jess-users,

I’ m a german computer senice student working on my master thesis.  The topic is rule verification in rule based systems. We are using Jess as rule engine. Currently I’m looking for an implementation of a rule checker for Jess.  Alternative I’m looking for an algorithm to recognize rule errors like subsumed rules, circular rules, conflicting rules and so one.

I would appreciate if you can me give me an advice where I can find an implementation or an algorithm for further research?

Thanks for your help.

best regards

Alexander Wessel

Email: [hidden email]
Phone: +49 341 49287-0 | Fax: +49 341 49287-790

itCampus Software- und Systemhaus GmbH | a Software AG Company
Nonnenstrasse 37 | 04229 Leipzig | Germany |
http://www.itcampus.de
Amtsgericht Leipzig HRB 15872 | Managing Director: Guido Laures
USt-IdNr DE202041156

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Jess rule validation algorithm

Peter Lin

the literature on rule validation and ruleset validation is pretty deep. Check on ACMQueue for old papers on the subject dating back to 80's and 90's.

There's too much prior art to attempt any sort of explanation on a mailing list. I've been studying the topic since 2000 and the bottom line is it's very tough. The simplest approach is to generate facts for each rule, assert those facts and check the rule fired. Beyond that, you'd have to analyze the RETE network to calculate the rule dependency graph and compare the rules fired against the dependency graph.

peter lin

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Wessel, Alexander <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jess-users,

I’ m a german computer senice student working on my master thesis.  The topic is rule verification in rule based systems. We are using Jess as rule engine. Currently I’m looking for an implementation of a rule checker for Jess.  Alternative I’m looking for an algorithm to recognize rule errors like subsumed rules, circular rules, conflicting rules and so one.

I would appreciate if you can me give me an advice where I can find an implementation or an algorithm for further research?

Thanks for your help.

best regards

Alexander Wessel

Email: [hidden email]
Phone: <a href="tel:%2B49%20341%2049287-0" value="+49341492870" target="_blank">+49 341 49287-0 | Fax: <a href="tel:%2B49%20341%2049287-790" value="+4934149287790" target="_blank">+49 341 49287-790