JESS: [EXTERNAL] Using Jess from Java

Cecilia Zanni-Merk (INSA de Strasbourg)
Dear colleagues

I'm absolutely new to using Jess from a Java program,
When I try to test a software done by someone at my team a couple of
years ago, Eclipse gives me these errors

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-06-07 21:29:27.775
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.ThreadDeath
     at jess.Jesp.<init>(Unknown Source)
     at jess.Rete.g(Unknown Source)
     at jess.Rete.<init>(Unknown Source)
     at jess.Rete.<init>(Unknown Source)
     at
fr.insa.mamas.Initialization.createAgents(Initialization.java:356) <--
where Initialization is one of the classes of our project.

Everything is imported correctly, son I do not understand why I get
jess.Rete.<init> (Unknown Source)

Any suggestion is more than welcome

Thank you very much in advance

Regards

Cecilia

Cecilia Zanni-Merk
INSA de Strasbourg
24 Bd de la Victoire - 67084 Strasbourg - France
Phone: +33 3 88 14 47 00 (4864)

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved
it correct, not tried it". Donald Knuth

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Using Jess from Java

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
The "Unknown Source" just means that line number info isn't stored in the
binary (non-source code) distribution you are using; that's not a problem
at all. The problem is the "ThreadDeath" message -- it means that you're
using a  trial or time-limited licensed version, and the trial period or
license period has expired. You'll need to contact Craig Smith,
[hidden email], to obtain a current license.