JESS: [EXTERNAL] What is your preferred Eclipse version, distribution, and bitness for Jess 7*?

JESS: [EXTERNAL] What is your preferred Eclipse version, distribution, and bitness for Jess 7*?

Grant Rettke
Hi,

There are different version numbers, distribution types (eg for java,
for C/C++, for...), and 32 or 64 bit.

For Jess 7 users, what combination do you prefer?

I'm going to set it up for the first time and would like to avoid the
usual Eclipse headaches! :)

Best wishes,

Grant

--
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] What is your preferred Eclipse version, distribution, and bitness for Jess 7*?

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
Jess doesn't care, being a pure Java library. The 32 vs 64-bit question
depends entirely on your own machine's architecture, and then the proper
Eclipse distribution depends on what sort of code you intend to write: for
example, the RCP/RAP developer package is for people who are writing
Eclipse plugins, while "Eclipse Classic" is a good all around distribution
for general Java programming.

On 10/9/12 7:05 PM, "Grant Rettke" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>There are different version numbers, distribution types (eg for java,
>for C/C++, for...), and 32 or 64 bit.
>
>For Jess 7 users, what combination do you prefer?
>
>I'm going to set it up for the first time and would like to avoid the
>usual Eclipse headaches! :)
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Grant

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] What is your preferred Eclipse version, distribution, and bitness for Jess 7*?

Grant Rettke
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Friedman-Hill, Ernest
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jess doesn't care, being a pure Java library. The 32 vs 64-bit question
> depends entirely on your own machine's architecture, and then the proper
> Eclipse distribution depends on what sort of code you intend to write: for
> example, the RCP/RAP developer package is for people who are writing
> Eclipse plugins, while "Eclipse Classic" is a good all around distribution
> for general Java programming.

Good to know. Everything installed perfectly. Here are my notes:

http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/article/6449/installing-jess-71p2-in-eclipse-4-2