JESS: [EXTERNAL] jess editor crashed under 64bit Eclipse running on Ubuntu

JESS: [EXTERNAL] jess editor crashed under 64bit Eclipse running on Ubuntu

Przemyslaw Woznowski
Hi everyone,

I've a freshly installed 64bit Ubuntu and the latest Eclipse (Indigo 64 bit for Linux). I have transfered my Java + Jess code from a windows machine and tried running it and came across two problems:

1) Whenever I want to open a .clp file in the Jess Editor in Eclipse, Eclipse crashes/exits.

2) My code runs fine, except that the rules don't fire at all. Facts are asserted into the WM, my file with rules loads up fine but then none of the rules fire.

Has any of you experienced something like this on a 64bit Linux? Or maybe there is somebody who has it running on such an OS without any problems? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached is the eclipse log file - comes from a fresh copy of Eclipse, newly created project with just one .clp file added.

Best regards,
Pete

--
Przemyslaw (Pete) Woznowski, PhD candidate
Email: [hidden email]
5 The Parade, Roath,
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] jess editor crashed under 64bit Eclipse running on Ubuntu

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
There's nothing in Jess that is platform-dependent in any way; none of the problems you're having should be related to the fact that it's a 64-bit Linux platform.

The "ThreadDeath" exception in the log shows that you're using a trial version past its expiration date; that's the cause of the crash. As far as your rules not firing, you'd have to show us your code.

5 The Parade, Roath,
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] jess editor crashed under 64bit Eclipse running on Ubuntu

Przemyslaw Woznowski
Hi again,

ok, so issue no 2) is now resolved. There was a bug in my code that I managed to find eventually.

Issue no 1) remains :/

-Pete