JESS: Is Jess still alive, and Jess In Action

JESS: Is Jess still alive, and Jess In Action

mcoyne
I second John.
I found JESS is very easy to work with Java; and the support is prompt, details with great explanations.

My Coyne
[hidden email]
(cel): 301-399-6351

On Tue 31/05/11 8:19 PM , "John Everett" [hidden email] sent:

I’m using Jess on a large DARPA project, and I find it to be a mature and stable platform. The mailing list goes quiet but responds quickly when people ask questions. The Jess language is a subset of LISP, which is an obvious touchpoint for religious debates, so if you’re looking for a “reason” to disprefer Jess, it’s right there. On the other hand, the integration with Java is robust, to the point where you can interact entirely with the rule engine via Java if you wish. The rule engine itself has a rich feature set and appears to implement the Rete algorithm efficiently. The original developer and author of Jess in Action, Ernest Friedman-Hill, responds promptly and thoughtfully to technical questions posted to the mailing list.

-John

Re: JESS: Is Jess still alive, and Jess In Action

Jason Morris
Hi Paul,

I have to agree with everyone here.  I've enjoyed working with Jess since about version 2.0, and have been actively supporting it since 6.0 onward.  Ease of use, stability, and robustness have been its hallmarks.  Don't let the LISP syntax of the Jess language dissuade you.  Once you do a significant amount of non-trivial development, you will come to appreciate the Jess language's LISP roots.

IMHO our community is one-of-a-kind in the software world.  You won't find a more knowledgeable and friendly bunch.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM, My Coyne <[hidden email]> wrote:
I second John.
I found JESS is very easy to work with Java; and the support is prompt, details with great explanations.

My Coyne
[hidden email]
(cel): <a href="tel:301-399-6351" value="+13013996351" target="_blank">301-399-6351