JESS: Jess Bridge Limitations

Nada Bajnaid
Hello

I'm building API as part of my PhD. When I try to infer the jess bridge I got the following error

Jess reported an error in routine Jesp.parseFact.Message: Expected ')' at token '~'.

when I try to run the jess tab at the SWRL-tab in protege I got the follwoing warrning:

A significant limitation of the current bridge is that it does not represent all OWL
axioms when transferring knowledge from an OWL ontology to Jess. The exceptions are the basic
class, property and individual axioms, such as, for example, rdfs:subClassOf and rdfs:subPropertyOf, and
OWL axioms owl:sameAs, owl:differentFrom, owl:allDifferent, owl:equivalentClass, and owl:equivalentProperty.
As a result, the Jess inferencing mechanisms do not know about the remaining OWL axioms.
To ensure consistency, a reasoner should be run on an OWL knowledge base before SWRL rules and OWL
knowledge are transferred to Jess. Also, if inferred knowledge from Jess is inserted back into an OWL
ontology, a reasoner should again be executed to ensure that the new knowledge does not
conflict with OWL axioms in that knowledge base.
cf. http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLRuleEngineBridgeFAQ#nid6QL for more details.
Exception importing SWRL rules and OWL knowledge: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.exceptions.SWRLBuiltInBridgeException: error exporting OWL axiom
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.impl.OWLDeclarationAxiomImpl@c50e46: Jess reported an error in routine Jesp.parseFact.
  Message: Expected ')' at token '~'.
  Program text: ( assert ( LearningObject ( name
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/at line 1 in file <eval pipe>.

Anu idea on how this can be fixed? Shall I use another easoner (ex: Racer, Pellet) if so what is the best and if I use it do I still need to use a jess bridge in my code?

Please advise me as I spent a lot of time searching and trying but could not fix it

Thanks in advance
Nada