JESS: Problems with compiling JessWin

martina.husakova
Good morning (afternoon),

I downloaded the JessWin GUI interface from the User Contribution section (http://www.jessrules.com/contributions/).
I tried to compile java files with javac tool, but I can not compile 8 java files - FontDialog.java, HighlightManager.java, JessConsolePanel.java, JessEditor.java, JessWin.java, JessWinHelpFrame.java, PrintPreviewer.java and Watch Window.java.

For example: I wanted to compile HighlightManager.java and 9 errors occured. The errors are connected with impossibility to find classes or packages (I am attaching the picture with error compiling of the HighlightManager.java file). In case of this file, the necessary classes, for example: CommentHighlighter.java, has already been compiled successfully.

I am not able to compile only these 8 files. Others files are OK.

I use Jess in version: Jess70p2. I have necessary files in the CLASSPATH (jess.jar).
Environment variable JAVA_HOME (c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02) is also set up.
Environment variable PATH also contains path to the folder bin ... c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin.

I do not know, where I make mistake.
Thank you very much for some feedback (whichever feedback).

Best regards,
Martina Husáková

JessWinCompiling.jpg (84K) Download Attachment

Re: JESS: Problems with compiling JessWin

Wolfgang Laun-2
If I read the image well, the call to the java compiler has only one
argument, ...\HighlightManager.java.
There is no classpath argument given on this command line, but the
missing packages are bound to be in some
other directories. Are these in the CLASSPATH? If not, please add.

Usually, all the .java files of a project might be compiled in one call such as
javac \Temp\JessWin\*.java \Temp\Something\Other\*.java

HTH
Wolfgang

2008/11/6 Martina Husáková <[hidden email]>:

> Good morning (afternoon),
>
> I downloaded the JessWin GUI interface from the User Contribution section
> (http://www.jessrules.com/contributions/).
> I tried to compile java files with javac tool, but I can not compile 8 java
> files - FontDialog.java, HighlightManager.java, JessConsolePanel.java,
> JessEditor.java, JessWin.java, JessWinHelpFrame.java, PrintPreviewer.java
> and Watch Window.java.
>
> For example: I wanted to compile HighlightManager.java and 9 errors occured.
> The errors are connected with impossibility to find classes or packages (I
> am attaching the picture with error compiling of the HighlightManager.java
> file). In case of this file, the necessary classes, for example:
> CommentHighlighter.java, has already been compiled successfully.
>
> I am not able to compile only these 8 files. Others files are OK.
>
> I use Jess in version: Jess70p2. I have necessary files in the CLASSPATH
> (jess.jar).
> Environment variable JAVA_HOME (c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02) is also
> set up.
> Environment variable PATH also contains path to the folder bin ...
> c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin.
>
> I do not know, where I make mistake.
> Thank you very much for some feedback (whichever feedback).
>
> Best regards,
> Martina Husáková

Re: JESS: Problems with compiling JessWin

martina.husakova
Good morning,

thank you very much for you advices. I tried to compiled all files together
(*.java)
and no errors occured. It works :-).

Thank you once again,
Martina Husáková

If I read the image well, the call to the java compiler has only one
argument, ...\HighlightManager.java.
There is no classpath argument given on this command line, but the
missing packages are bound to be in some
other directories. Are these in the CLASSPATH? If not, please add.

Usually, all the .java files of a project might be compiled in one call such
as
javac \Temp\JessWin\*.java \Temp\Something\Other\*.java

HTH
Wolfgang

2008/11/6 Martina Husáková <[hidden email]>:

> Good morning (afternoon),
>
> I downloaded the JessWin GUI interface from the User Contribution section
> (http://www.jessrules.com/contributions/).
> I tried to compile java files with javac tool, but I can not compile 8
> java
> files - FontDialog.java, HighlightManager.java, JessConsolePanel.java,
> JessEditor.java, JessWin.java, JessWinHelpFrame.java, PrintPreviewer.java
> and Watch Window.java.
>
> For example: I wanted to compile HighlightManager.java and 9 errors
> occured.
> The errors are connected with impossibility to find classes or packages (I
> am attaching the picture with error compiling of the HighlightManager.java
> file). In case of this file, the necessary classes, for example:
> CommentHighlighter.java, has already been compiled successfully.
>
> I am not able to compile only these 8 files. Others files are OK.
>
> I use Jess in version: Jess70p2. I have necessary files in the CLASSPATH
> (jess.jar).
> Environment variable JAVA_HOME (c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02) is also
> set up.
> Environment variable PATH also contains path to the folder bin ...
> c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin.
>
> I do not know, where I make mistake.
> Thank you very much for some feedback (whichever feedback).
>
> Best regards,
> Martina Husáková

[EXTERNAL] Re: JESS: Problems with compiling JessWin

Oubeid

Hello

I tried to compile JessWin using the command > javac *.java from the JessWin
directory and I am getting alot of errors like the one in the attached
printscreens.
I can run Jess fine from the command line window and would like to have the
GUI of JessWin. http://old.nabble.com/file/p35070032/jesswin.png  and
http://old.nabble.com/file/p35070032/jesswin2.png .

I am using the latest version of Jess71p2 which I unzipped to C:\Jess and
JessWin is unzipped into C:\JessWin.

I am using Windows 7.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks.

Oubeid

martina.husakova wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> thank you very much for you advices. I tried to compiled all files
> together
> (*.java)
> and no errors occured. It works :-).
>
> Thank you once again,
> Martina Husáková

I have been trying to compile JessWin using the command > javac *.java from the JessWin directory and I keep getting a number of errors. I attached a couple of printscreen to see the error.
I have Jess71p2 unzipped into C:\Jess and JessWin into C:\Jesswin.

I can run Jess fine from the command line window.

Please help.

Thanks.

Oubeid