JESS: Strange error

Negoita, Cristian
Hi all,

I am using Jess 7.b1 inside Weblogic 8 and in the server log I see the
following error message:

"
Permanent generation is full...
increase MaxPermSize (current capacity is set to: 67108864 bytes)
"

The memory of WLS is from 512M to 1G.
Is this error coming from Jess? Or maybe from WLS?

Thank you
Cristian

Re: JESS: Strange error

kahunamoore
Cristian,

This is not from Jess - it is from the JVM. It is possible that something in
your rules/facts is causing the JVM to allocate too much memory (e.g. too
many partial matches on the LHS of your rule(s)).

alan

Negoita, Cristian writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Jess 7.b1 inside Weblogic 8 and in the server log I see the
> following error message:
>
> "
> Permanent generation is full...
> increase MaxPermSize (current capacity is set to: 67108864 bytes)
> "
>
> The memory of WLS is from 512M to 1G.
> Is this error coming from Jess? Or maybe from WLS?
>
> Thank you
> Cristian

> in the BODY of a message to [hidden email], NOT to the list
> (use your own address!) List problems? Notify [hidden email].

AW: JESS: Strange error

Negoita, Cristian
Hi Alan,

Indeed comes from JMV, and went away as soon as I increase this "permanent generation" memory area to 128m. Normally, a JVM has 64M as PermSize.

However, this error occurs only when I use Rete objects inside WLS, and not for a standalone test (even with the default memory settings). That can mean, the WLS itself uses a big part of this memory for itself, and does not let much for Rete objects. It might be interesting to see, with a memory profiler, how much memory is used by WLS and Jess. Do you know such a profiler that knows to show the "permanent generation" memory area?

I only have 10 rete engines, and each one has 370 facts (simple VOs) and 4 jess rules.

Thanks for answer,
Cristian