JESS: Watch info

Amit jain-6
I need to output all the information from a Rete engine produced by
watch command to a text file instead of the screen. How can i do that.
thanks
Amit

Re: JESS: Watch info

friedman_hill ernest j

I think Amit Jain wrote:
> I need to output all the information from a Rete engine produced by
> watch command to a text file instead of the screen. How can i do that.
> thanks
> Amit

First, read the section in the Jess manual about I/O routers:

http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/jess/docs/61/library.html#routers

Now: the watch output, by default, goes to the router named WSTDOUT,
as does other output. In Jess 6, you can redirect that router to a
file using the technique discussed in the reference.

In Jess 7, you can define your own router that goes to a file, then
use the Rete.setWatchRouter() method to send just the watch output to
that router. So if you can use Jess 7, then this is your best bet.