JESS: defqueries

JOFFREClaire

Hi everyone!

I've been reading a couple of times the part 2.9 about defqueries, in the Jess Documentation and I don't manage to understand the meaning  pf "Token"...

Actually, I would like to make a defquery which searches in all the instances of a class (I'm using JessTab in Protégé) and prints the value of the slot "name", when the value of the slot "age" is equal to 20 (for example).

If somebody has time to answer me, it would be great...

Best regards!

Claire

Re: JESS: defqueries

friedman_hill ernest j
I think JOFFREClaire wrote:

> Actually, I would like to make a defquery which searches in all the
> instances of a class (I'm using JessTab in Prot_g_) and prints the value of
> the slot "name", when the value of the slot "age" is equal to 20 (for
> example).

The Jess 6 query mechanism is overly complicated. In contrast, in Jess
7 it's dirt simple; it works a lot like a JDBC ResultSet. Can you use
the Jess 7 beta instead? It would definitely be worth your while to switch.