JESS: defquery

Kartik Tadanki
Hi,

I just noticed that the defquery example doesn't work as listed on the site.
http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/52/language.html
Is there a newer version somewhere that I am unaware of?
Just came by the error, will try to handle it and post a working code on the mailing list.

-Kartik Tadanki

Re: JESS: defquery

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
That URL is the manual for Jess 5.2 (from May 2001, almost ten years
ago!) The current version is 7.1, and the current manual is at http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/71
  . Modern query documentation is at http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/71/queries.html
  .

On Oct 6, 2010, at 3:04 PM, kartik tadanki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the defquery example doesn't work as listed on
> the site.
> http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/52/language.html
> Is there a newer version somewhere that I am unaware of?
> Just came by the error, will try to handle it and post a working
> code on the mailing list.
>
> -Kartik Tadanki

Informatics & Decision Sciences, Sandia National Laboratories
PO Box 969, MS 9012, Livermore, CA 94550
http://www.jessrules.com

Re: JESS: defquery

speedway

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: JESS: defquery

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
Hmmmm. I had to head over to Nabble to find out what this was
referring to. I'll quote the most recent post in that thread, which
quotes the original:

  > That URL is the manual for Jess 5.2 (from May 2001, almost ten years
  > ago!) The current version is 7.1, and the current manual is at
  > http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/71  Modern query documentation is
  > at http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/71/queries.html
  >
  > On Oct 6, 2010, at 3:04 PM, kartik tadanki wrote:
  >>
  >> I just noticed that the defquery example doesn't work as listed on
  >> the site.
  >> http://www.jessrules.com/jess/docs/52/language.html
  >> Is there a newer version somewhere that I am unaware of?
  >> Just came by the error, will try to handle it and post a working
  >> code on the mailing list.

So the question is, "Why doesn't this example in the old version of the Jess
manual work?" and the answer was "Because that's for an old version of Jess, here's
where the new example is."

So are you having a problem that this answer doesn't help with?