Jess Rules and CMD Prompt

Gianluigi Loffreda
I have a problem with the Jess Installation.
Following the jess installation instructions I read that right after the unzip I could create an environment variable JAVA_HOME with the path of the java.exe to use the Jess also from the Command Prompt.

I created the variable and set it with the correct path but I get a message that states that the path is uncorrect because it is not a J2SDK installation.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this issue?

Many thanks.

Gianluigi

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Jess Rules and CMD Prompt

Friedman-Hill, Ernest
JAVA_HOME isn't the path to java.exe; it's the path to bin/java.exe. In
other words, JAVA_HOME will be something like

C:\Program Files\jdk1.6.0_23

On 4/20/12 10:10 AM, "Gianluigi Loffreda" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>I have a problem with the Jess Installation.
>Following the jess installation instructions I read that right after the
>unzip I could create an environment variable JAVA_HOME with the path of
>the
>java.exe to use the Jess also from the Command Prompt.
>
>I created the variable and set it with the correct path but I get a
>message
>that states that the path is uncorrect because it is not a J2SDK
>installation.
>
>Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this issue?
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Gianluigi
>
>--
>in the BODY of a message to [hidden email], NOT to the list
>(use your own address!) List problems? Notify [hidden email].

Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Jess Rules and CMD Prompt

Dusan Sormaz
Show us what you tried to do and error that is displayed, and somebody
may be able to help you.

Dusan Sormaz

On 4/20/2012 10:10 AM, Gianluigi Loffreda wrote:

> I have a problem with the Jess Installation.
> Following the jess installation instructions I read that right after the
> unzip I could create an environment variable JAVA_HOME with the path of the
> java.exe to use the Jess also from the Command Prompt.
>
> I created the variable and set it with the correct path but I get a message
> that states that the path is uncorrect because it is not a J2SDK
> installation.
>
> Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this issue?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Gianluigi

* Dusan Sormaz, PhD, Associate Professor
* Ohio University
* Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
* 284 Stocker Center, Athens, OH 45701-2979
* phone: (740) 593-1545
* fax: (740) 593-0778
* e-mail: [hidden email]
* url: http://www.ohio.edu/people/sormaz